Starting September 1, we are open Wednesday- Sunday, 11am to 6pm.
In response to COVID-19, we are making the following changes:
- There will be a maximum of 4 groups allowed inside the zoo at any one time. This will allow each group to be separate from each other during their visit. If you arrive and we are full, there will be a wait (typically 15 mins or so, but it could be longer) to enter.
- Masks will be required in the gift shop and when closer than 10 feet to any zoo employees. Please bring a mask or cloth face covering, though we will have disposable ones if you do not have your own.
- Until we get adjusted to the flow of visitors and are permitted to gather in groups
of 50 or more, we will NOT be offering shows or venom extractions.
We appreciate your patience as we enact these changes to try and make everyone's visit safe and enjoyable. We continue to ask for donations to supplement the limitations we must put upon the number of guests we allow in.
The Kentucky Reptile Zoo is one of Kentucky's hidden gems!
We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to reptiles.
Our mission has three parts:
1. We provide venom for medical research and antivenom production-
venom has been used to save hundreds of lives!
3. We work with educators, researchers and law enforcement to support
the conservation and study of reptiles.
200 L & E Railroad
Slade, KY 40376
Copyright © Kentucky Reptile Zoo. All rights reserved. Content and photos of this website are the property of Kentucky Reptile Zoo. Use is prohibited without written permission.
Kentucky Reptile Zoo is a 501(c)3. Tax ID 61-1237279